Primary level Program Ages 7 – 9
Students will be placed into this class upon successful completion of a placement lesson.
In this level, Students are taught fundamentals of ballet technique and develop the self-discipline necessary to continue study in the Classical Ballet Program. There is a continuation of emphasis on the relationship of movement, music and expression for this age group. Primary level lessons prepare students for the next level of study, the beginning of the School’s Classical Ballet Program.
The students will learn:
- proper positioning of legs and feet, muscle tone exercises.
- Routines for back strengthening and flexibility. Proper posture while sitting, standing or laying down.
- Classical arm positions (basis: arondy/alonge) proper formation of the wrist.
- Jumps: take-off, landing and posture before and after jumping, practice a range of jump styles.
- Musicality and rhythm comprehension practice. Stepping into and out of the music phrasing.
- Choreography schemes.
Age range: Age 7 by September 1st
Time commitment: 3 classes 2 days a week.
Monday Ballet + 30 min Body Conditioning at 6:00 – 7:30
Saturday Body Conditioning with gym balls and Stretching 11:30 -12 : 20
Saturday Ballet at 12:30 -1: 30
additional ballet classes on Thursdays or Fridays will be added later
Blue tulle skirt with blue ribbon. Must be purchased from BISD
Blue short-sleeved leotard. Must be purchased from BISD
Pink ankle socks or tights – students may wear any plain lightly pink thin socks
Pink canvas ballet slippers
White short–sleeved leotard
Black bike shorts or tights
White ankle socks – students may wear any plain thin white socks
White ballet slippers
1 quarter: 8 weeks session
Full Program (3,5 hours per week) – $360 per 8 weeks quarte
Flex program (2 hours per week) – $210 per 8 week quarter
Flex program (1.5 hours per week) – $200 per 8 week quarter
Additional classes will be added later
Single class / Placement class – $ 20