2017-2018 School year in the rear view mirror
and starting New School Year on August 27th
It is lovely to see exhausted and happy students of ours Coming Back from Summer Intensives, Competitions, from visiting their families abroad. To grow into an interesting dancer with something to say in dance, one needs exposure to elements of life, to enjoy the sweetness of winning by experiencing defeat.
“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”, Dr. Seuss said.
That said, it is great to see students coming back and new students joining in. Please make sure the new students feel welcome, introduce yourselves and other. And make new friends.
We all (parents, students, teachers) should be proud of how much we grew – physically, mentally, spiritually. Below is the partial list of our achievements of the last school year
- The number of students at Ballet Institute doubled over the last year.
- Amelie won the Bronze Medal at Vilnius (Lithuania) International Ballet competition
- Norah won the Gold Medal at Vilnius International Ballet competition
- Jasmine Top 6 contemporary and classical Categories at YAGP
- Pearl Top 12 contemporary and classical categories, YAGP
- Jasmine and Pearl were the finalists of the Wolrd Ballet Competition.(WBC)
- Andie won the silver medal at US Prix De Ballet and singled out as the young talent to watch at the YAGP
- Our ensemble performance at YAGP got a lot of attention
- Summer Intensive joined together the best San Diego and international Students
- Andie received the full scholarship to SAB Summer Intensive in NYC as well as Irvine, CA
- Stellar rehearsing and execution of the Premiere of “The Snow White”
New Schedule is here
And as always – call Ms. Egle (Artistic Director) and Ms. Hannah (administration) with questions (858 284 0561).